Friday 13 July 2012

Day 12

St. Aulaye to Bergerac. Woke up to rain so decided not to waste my rest day and to cycle on to Bergerac. As I packed my tent, an Irish family in the next tent invited me round for breakfast. We were joined by a french friend of theirs who was very interesting - he writes poetry and has recently recovered from a tumour - he then said that his best friend was 'jesu christos' - and the Irish family couldnt wait to tell him that I was a baptist minister!
I arrived in Beregerac and stopped at the municipal site by the river next to another cyclist who was carrying more gear than me! Turns out he's an American called John who is 64 and retired and he is spending the summer months touring Europe - 35 years after his first trip. He said he was heading for a small village on the Spanish border where he has an old friend to visit. When we looked on the map, it's the next village along the coast from argeles where we are staying for 2 weeks so he's said he will look us up.

No comments:

Post a Comment