Tuesday 3 July 2012

Day 3

Day started with a bit of a kairos moment. When checking my bike before setting off I noticed a screw missing which attaches one side of my pannier rack - great a trip to a bike shop required. Then I remembered seeing a screw of sorts lying at the bottom of my bike bag - I nearly threw it away but for some reason didn't. I found it and lo and behold it was a perfect fit - crisis over.
I managed to have fall no 1 today, right in the middle of Oxford - a Japanese tourist decided to stop in the middle of the cycle lane - I jammed my brakes on but wasn't quick enough to clicks feet out of the toe clips - over I go!
The man was mortified and very apologetic - after several velly velly sollees he donated a million pound to. Shine like Stars ( I'm joking of course).
Made it to Wokingham so only 50 miles left to Portsmouth - this time tomorrow I should be on the ferry to la belle France!

No comments:

Post a Comment