Saturday 14 July 2012

Day 14

Rest day - spent most of the day by the pool resting up. Today is Bastille day which is a bit like our guy fawkes night only bigger. Just read the local paper and can't believe that some Indian guy has stolen my thunder. He's pictured with the Mayor of Agen as he is cycling round the world from India - its going to take him 3 years which puts my 3 weeks into perspective but I bet he hasn't got a replacement knee!
I'm excited about going to bed tonight as I have gone mad and treated myself to a proper pillow. The one I've been using is a 12inch plastic blowup job which is very uncomfortable - this is a proper pillow - not sure how I'll carry it but if I get a good nights sleep, I don't care.
The picture of Agen station will bring back horrible memories to those people who came on the church holiday a few years ago and had to catch the train from Bordeaux to Agen (doug).

No comments:

Post a Comment