Friday 6 July 2012

Day 6

After not sleeping much on the ferry I had another night of little sleep on a campsite in Rennes. Woke up at 6 so set off to Angers - 70 miles away. My legs and bottom are very sore but, thank God, my knee seems fine.
My satnav managed to direct me onto a motorway (only 2 lanes so it was hard to tell) but the French lorry drivers let me know!
Arrived in Lion d'Angers in a rainstorm so decided to try and book a B&B to get a good nights sleep and dry my gear off.
What a lovely town - set on a river with a beautiful huge church dominating the sky line and a lovely racecourse just across the river. Had a pleasant walk around the town before picking up a takeaway pizza as my room has a kitchenette.
Looking forward to tomorrows leg which follows a bike route through the Loire valley to Chinon where I've booked a campsite. Hope the sun shines.

No comments:

Post a Comment