Thursday 19 July 2012

Day 18

Carcassonne to Beziers. Well the last leg of the journey has been done and I have arrived safely in Beziers. It was another very hot cycle and it made me quite glad that the first 2 weeks were done in the rain rather than the burning sun. The last leg along the canal du midi was quite tricky as its not really a cycle path, more a footpath and there were lots of tree roots and stuff to avoid - ended up losing a spoke and breaking my speedo but I was almost there by then.
Spent the evening wandering around Beziers taking in the sites - its quite a big city - its got a magnificent cathedral with views down to the Mediterranean coast - its also got its salubrious areas - bit like Stockport then 😉
I've got a 9am meeting with the Mayor of Beziers at the Hotel de Ville tomorrow (see pic).
I just wanted to thank all those friends and family who have been supporting me and praying for me - i have really felt like I have been lifted up on the wings of the prayers by everyone - thank you I couldn't have done it without you!
As I'm sure you know, we are hoping to raise £5,000 for a wonderful childrens charity 'ShinelikeStars' -please give generously at www.charitygiving.co.uk/stevesstarcycle
I will blog the details of my meeting with the mayor tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment