Friday 13 July 2012

Day 13

Bergerac to Agen. Woke up to clouds again so said goodbye to my American friend, John, and set off for Agen. On the way the skies turned blue and the sun came out - could this be the start of the hot weather ?
Went through villeneuve-sur-lot and then onto Agen - the road was up and down, up and down with very few level bits - and the downs do not make up for the ups! I was very tired (70 miles) when I reached Agen but thankfully the campsite had a pool which I wasted no time in testing.
That evening I cycled into Agen where there was some kind of big military parade taking place (not sure what the French army is celebrating - maybe Bastille day?).
Had an indian curry where they ask you if you want any spices - apparently it normally comes spice free - my mate birdsy would love that.
Cycled back just as a big black cloud heralded a rainstorm.

No comments:

Post a Comment